Friday 30 January 2015

Entry-1(Pilot)

Year 2030

What started as a normal day turned out to be the day I would never forget. It has been months since I took an early retirement from SHIELD and years since I had heard from my friends. The last I talked to them, Barney’s daughter Ellie had all grown up and was turning into a beautiful little lady whereas Ted was still coming over the news of his wife, Tracy’s death. This year was her 6th year death anniversary. And Lily and Marshal were all busy with the three kids growing up and Marshal’s career as a Judge and then a Mayor.

It was 6’0 clock when I took my dogs for the daily walk in the nearby park and returned in exactly 20 minutes. As soon as I returned, I heard the doorbell ring. Due to some reason the latest ‘Door Monitoring Automated Camera’ installed by SHIELD didn’t work and I had to go over to the window to see who it was. And that’s when I got the shock of my life. There stood Ted with the Blue French Horn that he had stolen from a restaurant quite a few times in the past, raising it up towards me. Does it mean what I think it does? It is as if I have been waiting for years to witness this day and watching him standing down there felt like he had been there just the night before- way back in 2005.

It was the happiest moment for me in years. My marriage with Barney has ended after running its course for 3 years and that has left me shattered from within. I had told Barney the truth about my real life and my involvement with SHIELD all these past years and he supported me to the end with it. But as days passed, we got new locations every week , new identities , and moreover risky missions exposed Barney more to the dangerous world out there and had had anything happened to him, I wouldn’t have been able to forgive myself. It was further made even harder due to Barney’s insistence on how he was capable of handling the risk, even reminding me of PLEASE. That was no where as dangerous as my missions. After 3 years we both decided to end the relationship for the better, though Barney still wasn’t completely sure. I had to be firm. Sometimes, you have to make certain sacrifices when in love. We agreed not to tell anyone from the group the real reason behind the split.


All this took me back to the first time I came to New York City. I was working in the SHIELD’s Canada Department overlooking covert missions in the so called ‘ The Great White North’  and as a promotion I had been transferred to New York for the project code named ‘AVENGERS’. SHIELD had been working on this project for a long time now and wanted someone who could work undercover to keep this research a covert mission. When I landed in New York, I was immediately taken to the SHIELD headquarters by an agent named Coulson and was briefed about the project by Nick Fury himself. At that time my birth name was Maria Hill and I was Agent Hill for everyone in SHIELD. But for the AVENGERS project, I was given a new identity by the name ROBIN SCHERBATSKY , a girl who came from Canada in search for a news anchor job in New York and started working with the ‘Metro News 1’ as an anchor that does those late night shows that nobody anyway sees. An ideal cover for a secret agent. This thing was to my advantage. The secret identity was necessary because very few people in SHIELD knew about the project and Nick Fury suspected there to be a mole inside of SHIELD and didn’t want to jeopardize the project.A lot of important people were in the circle of investigation regarding the project and if they somehow got the wiff of the news that an agency known as SHIELD was investigating in them,this couldn’t be allowed. Along with the AVENGERS , SHIELD was working on the helicarrier, an airborne mobile work station for SHIELD with advance capabilities. The Helicarrier was hundred years ahead of its time and technology and minds that created it had created a masterpiece that had no competition to it.

My work with the project AVENGERS was simple. I was to be a normal, beer drinking, football fanatic Canadian, living in America and working in Metro News 1 as a late night special news reporter. My fake profile and background family had been created to back my story up. I had to live a normal life, make a few friends to solidify my story and just spend time with them while working on the project. It was a slow mission so I had to settle myself in the secondary life but falling in love and starting a family was not on the list. Fraternising with people and bringing them close to heart was out of question. Down the line , fake boyfriends had been lined up for me to portray me as a normal girl with normal likings and disliking and so I couldnt be questioned by anyone. Everything was set up perfectly, the story background was strong, all the necessary documents were furnished, my apartment had been bought and all payed for, in the name of Robin Sherbatsky and I was ready to start my work researching about the few most important assets SHIELD could ever have in its history.

But all went awry when I went to a bar named ‘ McLaren’s ‘ for celebrating the start of a new mission here in New York.







There I was standing near my booth talking to an old-time friend from Canada with whom I was in the SHIELD academy reminiscing about the past when I saw a medium height guy wearing a brown blazer looking at me. For a moment it felt like he was staring at me but just then we made eye contact. It almost made me smile when I saw the look on this guy’s face, it was as if he was in awe after looking at me. The guy looked cute standing there staring at me with complete wonder in his eyes. He then turned and started talking to his blond haired friend standing behind in a three-piece suit in slow whispers about something I couldn’t  hear when I walked past them near the bar. It was force of habit that I wanted to hear what they were talking about, if they somehow had identified me from some of my last missions and were planning on taking me out as soon as possible. Just then this blond guy tapped on my shoulders and said … “ Hi, Have you met Ted? “




------------END of EPISODE 1--------------------------

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait for the next chapter :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks alot Pallavi :)
      We are working on it right now and would very soon release it. :D
      Keep checking out the space for the next chapter.

      Delete
  2. Yes, I have met Ted. But where? How? When? As what? I guess as agent Hill, I had pictured him, perhaps as a reliable partner from the academy, with whom I'd be busting doors and catching the mafia. Or did I picture him as a character in Robin's made up life. So how does Robin know Ted? I just couldn't say that out loud. I couldn't put a finger on where I know Ted from. A childhood friend, maybe ? An old summer fling maybe ? A drunken one night stand maybe? Or a kind stranger who helped me up when I feel on the subway. Maybe, who knows. This is a strange feeling. His face is so uncommon yet his presence feels so familiar. But, I can't blow up my cover. I am here on a mission. But, maybe I'll let him blow my mind. Who's to say I can't have some fun on this mission? You never know if he's going to by Agent Hill's prisoner or Robin's paramour. Nevertheless, an adventure is promised. So for once, I'll lower my guard down and say, Hi, Ted. Nice to meet you. I'm Robin and here's my number.

    ReplyDelete